Thursday 18 July 2013

The Make Your Own Shop Hop!

Today my quilty friends A and L  and I went on a little self made shop hop.  We had the luxury of a mid-week summer day off and so we hit the road.  Our first stop was a place called Elmwood Village.


This place looked great online.  A big space in an old heritage building with a showcase of fabrics that have a modern appeal - I was excited to go.  Unfortunately, when we got there, we found only the lower left part of the building was being used.  There wasn't much selection.  This place has so much potential.  Too bad.
Really, at the end of the day, this little guy was my favourite part of that shop.  This dog was hella cute!  Want!

From there we went to lunch and ran a couple errands and then headed to JoAnn's.  I had never been in one before but HELLO!  Not too too much in terms of fabrics I would want to buy but a ton of linings and interfacings and they had Queen-sized Warm and Natural Batting for $17.  That's super-crazy insane cheap.  Thanks to L, I got two!  I will go there again....and again....and again.

After that we headed back over to our side of the border and made it to Bee Modern Fabrics and Yarn.
I love this store.  Love.  There was all kinds of goodness in there that was right up my alley.  I could have dropped some serious money in here.  You know, if I hadn't just been fabric shopping last weekend.  :)

L and I each picked up 10 fat quarters apiece.  We then laughed about how our tastes, although both modern, we totally and completely different from one another.  It almost looked like we were trying to pick opposites!
L's fabric choices are in the top row, while mine are in the bottom.  
The final stop of the day was a place called Kindred Spirits in St. Catherines.  I didn't buy anything there.  They had some moda stuff that appealed to me a little but nothing screamed out for me to take it home.
I think it might have had something to do with the fact that we went here AFTER Bee Modern.  Oh well.  I had an awesome day with a couple friends.

Now, I get to do this:
Epic summer day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment